Two students, James and John were given a grammar test by their teacher. The question was, “is it better to use “had” or “had had” in this example sentence?”
The teacher collected the tests, and looked over their answers.
James, while John had had “had”, had had “had had.” “Had had” had had a better effect on the teacher.
welcome to the english language
A job where it’s confirmed from the front, behind…and beside…
In front, they have fans who love them, and celebrities are smiling while watching those fans.
Behind them, there are several arrows flying at and piercing their backs.
Unintentionally, the flying arrows sometimes even pierce the fans that are in front.
On both sides, there are masses of people are watching over their front and back.
Even if their back becomes covered in blood from the arrows piercing from behind, they must smile for the sake of the fans that cheer them on and support them.
If they smile and work hard till the end, the public who’s watching them on both sides will slowly move to the front.
However if they can’t handle it, and if they’re upsetted a little, (the public) moves to the back and even shoots arrows.
Celebrities don’t know how many people are behind them, or what kind of people or what reason they have for shooting the arrows.
They’re not allowed to turn around and find out either.
Because if they turn around, the fans in the front will become completely shocked when they see the arrows that pierced their back, and the moment they turn, their entire body will be struck with arrows…
No one knows what kind of people are shooting the arrows, what kind of expression they have, or what thoughts run through their minds as they shoot the arrows.
It’s just that they simply enjoy the act itself, and they like it if new celebrities (especially ones with lots of past personal life) come out.
They live on stage and die on the internet…a job where it’s confirmed from front, back and side…
……that is a celebrity.
If you look at the fact that you have a roof over your head, food to eat, that you are young and beautiful and live in a peaceful land, then no, you have nothing to be sad about. But the fact is, we are not only a physical body, we have souls too, and sometimes our souls get sick. If you break a leg you don’t just say ‘I have no reason to have a broken leg’ and ignore it; you seek help. It’s the same when your soul gets hurt. Don’t apologize for being sad.
if countries were students
- Australia: The class clown who makes everyone laugh
- America: The jock who loves themselves and everyone secretly hates
- Canada: The nice person who offers to show you around on your first day
- England: The hot boy everybody wants to bang because he's a gentlemen
- New Zealand: Australia's little brother who is the only one who thinks Australia sucks
- The Netherlands: That high kid in the back that everyone just ignores
- France: The romantic playboy who hangs around England too much
- China: The overly smart kid who puts his hand up for every question
- Russia: The scary large kid that nobody talks to because they'll probably get stabbed